Taste of France is a non-profit organization that aims to offer New Yorkers the opportunity to experience France in a brand new way. Through various events and programs, Taste of France explores the diversity of the French world: its cuisine, lifestyle, tourism, fashion, culture, technology, and innovation.
This year more than 100,000 visitors are expected to visit this ‘Miniature France,’ located in New York City’s Bryant Park. For this year’s program, about 50 of the best French chefs from renowned organizations will serve dishes and specialties from all over France. Moreover, the benefits of these two days will fund the Action against Hunger association.
This event is a unique opportunity to experience French lifestyle and culture. For instance, one can discover French works of art thanks to “La promenade des arts”, a flea market with the atmosphere of a Parisian market. And why not enjoy music and food by spending in little time in the Crème de la Crème Lounge?
Many French companies will also attend the exhibition, allowing New Yorkers to discover first-hand the new technologies and innovations that these companies offer. This event is sponsored by several of the best known French companies such as Air France, L’Oreal, Clarins, Safran, Pernod Ricard, Dassault Systemes, Alstom, Lactalis, and many more.
Taste of France 2013’s amazing features
This year, Taste of France exhibition will allow the 100,000 visitors to discover 9 main areas of French culture :
- Lifestyle, with an authentic French market, demonstrations by French cafstmen manufacturing artisanal products
- Technology, with exhibitions of French manufactured planes and helicopters and a 3D interactive visit of emblematic sites and monuments of historical Paris
- Beauty, visitors will have the chance to get their very own exclusive Taste of France perfume distilled in front of their eyes
- Cuisine, enjoy tastings of French cuisine made by the best French chefs and get the chance to have a dinner prepared by the Maîtres Cuisiniers de France at Le Café du Parc
- Wine and Spirits, visitors will experience the “Apéritif à la Française” as well as Grand Wines Tasting
- Tourism, visit various regions of France and get a chance to win 2 round trip tickets to Paris
- Culture, with literary discussions and even Marc Levy Book signing
- Children, children will take part in a Ratatouille-themed treasure hunt, demonstrate their creativity on a giant blank canvas and even get French lessons (adults are welcome too)
- Fun, come see a real Hot Air balloon being take off in front of your eyes, enjoy a French Bulldog Show, take part in the largest picnic ever on the Bryant Park lawn, listen to Francophone singers in free concerts, etc…
Some events will require an additionnal ticket. Taste of France also has its own currency of “mariannes”,that you can purchase online before the exhibition on Taste of France website.
For those interested in an inside experience, you can even volunteer for a 4 hour shift to help increase your chances of winning a round trip ticket to Paris on an AirFrance flight.
To learn more: